Good insulation is the key to keeping your building comfortable all year. An under-insulated building is prone to drafts and heat loss, which means your HVAC system will overwork and drive up your utility bills.
At Installed Building Products of West Palm, our goal is to consistently provide high-quality spray foam insulation services to ensure your building has the insulation it needs. We offer insulation solutions for all your needs, including new construction and residential and commercial retrofits.
Call (561) 223-1030(561) 223-1030 or contact us online to learn why we’re your number-one insulation company in West Palm Beach.
What Is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam is an insulation material that’s applied wet and will expand 30–60 times its liquid volume. It’s particularly good at insulating hard-to-reach spaces like ceilings or walls, especially in attics, where other materials can’t go.
How Does Spray Foam Insulation Work?
Spray foam expands into a thick, foamy substance and then hardens to become a highly effective insulating material. It can fill any cracks or holes and provide an airtight seal around electrical outlets, light fixtures and other cavities while retaining its dried form.
This liquid ability to fit any space makes spray foam the most effective insulation method for inaccessible areas around your home like attics and floor joists.
Why Should You Install Spray Foam Insulation in West Palm Beach, FL?
There are many benefits to insulating your West Palm Beach home with spray foam, including reducing the noise of West Palms Beach’s lively beaches, nightlife and year-round visitors to make your home comfortable.
Additionally, spray foam:
- Doesn’t attract moisture: Spray foam provides a moisture barrier that deters water from entering your home. With airtight seals, you can rest easy knowing your home’s insulation is protected against rot and deterioration.
- Reduces allergens: Spray foam can help reduce the risk of potentially harmful indoor allergens, such as dust and mold.
- Lasts a long time: Spray foam is a powerful chemical that keeps performing for decades, unlike other insulation materials that lose their efficiency and effectiveness with time.
- Installs easily: Spray foam insulation is a simple and easy way to insulate your home. No matter the time of year, it can be applied easily in any location that needs extra protection against heat or cold.
- Dampens sound: Spray foam creates a more comfortable, quiet indoor environment by filling crevices and cutting down on intrusive outdoor noise.
- Reduces energy consumption: Spray foam insulation helps you conserve energy and shrink your carbon footprint.
What’s the R-Value of Spray Foam Insulation?
R-value is a measure of an insulation material’s ability to resist heat. Spray foam insulation is the best choice for homes because it provides an R-value of 6.5 per inch, which is more than that provided by other types such as cellulose or fiberglass.
Choosing a Contractor for Spray Foam Installation in West Palm Beach, FL
IBP of West Palm offers high-quality spray foam insulation services to keep your home functional throughout the year. As a trusted member of the community since 2004, we’ve served the West Palm Beach area with spray foam and other insulation services to safeguard, seal and create comfort in your home.
Why Choose IBP of West Palm?
- We are members of the Florida Home Builders Association.
- We have nearly two decades of experience in West Palm Beach.
- We’re a local business with deep community roots.
- We provide quality products and installations on time and on budget.
- We have excellent long-term relationships with local construction and home-building companies.
Don’t just hire anyone. It takes a professional to expertly mix and apply spray foam for effective, safe sealing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between closed- and open-cell spray foam?
The difference between open- and closed-cell spray foam insulation is the size of the bubbles that comprise the foam. Closed-cell insulation has smaller cells pressed closely together, providing more stability and strength.
These spray foams also have different R-values. Open-cell spray foam insulation is R-3.6 to R-3.9 per inch, while closed-cell spray foam insulation is R-6 to R-7 per inch.
How is spray foam different in existing homes versus new construction?
For new construction, spray foam is freshly applied to the structure during construction. This allows for a more secure and thorough application in hard-to-reach places. For existing properties, your retrofit insulation must be inspected by a professional contractor to determine its current condition.
Damaged spray foam must be thoroughly removed before reinstallation. However, it’s possible to apply a coat of new spray foam insulation on top of undamaged, existing spray foam.
How long will spray foam last in my home after installation?
Closed- and open-cell spray foam insulation shares a similar life span. Because of their unique chemical composition, they can last for 80 years to 100 years. However, due to the difference in the bubbles that make up spray foam, closed-cell spray foam provides a bit more durability.